Toddler Preschool & Daycare Program: Roseville, CA
Toddler Preschool Program Components (Ages 1-2 years)
Early Explorers I Class: Ages 1-2
At Growing Brilliant, our early toddler program develops social awareness and exploration. Cognitive and motor development are enhanced as children have the space to physically explore their world. Guided play, hands-on learning centers, and daily routines are introduced.
Early Explorers II Class: Ages 1.5-2.5 (Toddler Option)
Our toddler preschool program develops social awareness and helps children to build friendships. The Early Explorers II class provides a seamless transition between our infant and preschool programs. Cognitive and motor development are enhanced as children engage in hands-on learning activities. Daily routines help children feel safe and comfortable since knowing what to expect next builds trust and security. Independence and self-help skills are also reinforced.
Toddler Preschool Program Features
- Toddlers begin to learn shapes, colors, and numbers
- Early literacy skills
- Daily routines are introduced
- Toddlers learn though a balanced program
- Creative arts & dramatic play
- Learning centers
- Hands-on activities build dexterity and coordination
Toddler Preschool Program Sample Daily Schedule
6:30-7:30 Early Arrivals/Free Play
7:30-8:00 Early Morning Snack (parent provided)
8:00-8:30 Sensory Play
8:30-9:00 Active Play/Outdoor Time
9:00-9:30 Learning Centers/Morning Arrivals
9:30-10:00 Morning Snack (school provided)
10:00-10:30 Morning Circle Time
10:30-11:00 Art/Music/Dramatic Play
11:00-11:30 Lunch Time
11:30-2:00 Nap Time
2:00-2:30 Afternoon Snack (School Provided)
2:30-3:15 Circle Time & Reading
4:15-5:15 Active Play/Outdoor Time
5:15-5:45 Learning Centers/Art
5:45-6:00 Evening Departures
Toddler Preschool Program Curriculum
Toddler Physical Development
- Our Preschool Academy features a large 1 acre outdoor learning environment. Our toddler play area provides a space for overall physical fitness, creativity, and exercise.
- Toddlers experience healthy food choices through our balanced, organic daily snack schedule. We also teach the importance of a healthy daily habits (i.e. washing hands).
Toddler Social and Emotional Development
- Our Early Explorers develop peer relationships with the supportive guidance of teachers.
- Sharing and cooperative play is modeled and encouraged.
Toddler Intellectual Development
- In our toddler preschool program, students listen to stories and engage in text. Vocabularies are built through pictures and objects. Verbal communication is encouraged.
- Toddlers begin sorting shapes and colors.
- Toddlers will explore objects and sensations with the use of the sensory bin. They learn cause and effect relationships.
Toddler Cognition and Knowledge of the World
- Our toddlers learn to play simple make-believe games in the dramatic play area.
- Toddlers will follow one and two step directions during structured learning times.
- Early Explorers listen to and engage in various types of music. They learn and begin repeating theme based songs and movements.
- Toddlers develop fine motor skills, using crayons & simple art materials while engaged in guided art projects.
- Toddlers will hear words and music in Spanish.